WHAT have you been doing?

Gees, it's been more than a month since I posted last. So here's what I've been up to. First I caught a cold, which morphed into a sinus infection (my FAVORITE!). I finished the antibiotics and two days later, I caught the flu. Which, if you don't know the difference between a cold and the flu, having them both in the same week is a TOTALLY awesome way to learn. So I was just feeling better from that, when the Governor showed up at our school to make a budget statement (and if you've never had a dignitary show up at your place of work, let me tell you, even if you don't agree with their politics, it's still a BIG DEAL).
Then my parents came for a long weekend. We had many important things to do like shopping and golfing. They also have slightly short attention spans, so we needed to give them projects. My dad built some benches for my media center and my mom tidied up the yard and fixed a parachute for the coach at school. She had never seen a parachute used during PE before, so some of the neighborhood kids and I gave her a lesson.
So this is the first weekend THIS YEAR that I have felt well and haven't had some complete craziness going on. So YAY for quiet sanity. Now I'm trying to get caught up on all the things that haven't gotten done in the last month (like blog posting and mopping the kitchen floor! YAY!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming attractions in middle grade fiction!

A new adventure!

Sparkly brand new speculative fiction for middle graders!